Volunteers are Welcome!
We love our volunteers! From giving their time in the classroom to planning and coordinating special events to everything in between, our volunteers help make our schools a richer, stronger learning environment. Interested in learning more about how you can make a measurable difference in the lives of our students? Contact: Kevin Williams, Resource Coordinator at (513) 363-2700.
Visitors are always welcome at Evanston Academy. Upon entering the building, all visitors must report to the office to explain the purpose of their visit, to sign in and to obtain a visitor’s pass. We are proud to share our students work. For the educational process to ensue, please follow these guidelines:
- You must make an appointment to observe or volunteer at least one day in advance. Too many observers can be disturbing to our children. Also, if you are volunteering or tutoring, the teacher will need time to prepare work for you that will be beneficial to the children and enjoyable for you.
- Stop at the office first and sign in. You will be given a badge to wear while you are in the building.
- In the classroom, enter quietly and sit in the space designated for you by the teacher.
- Do not interrupt children or staff while they are working. Wait until an appropriate break to ask the teacher any question you might have.
- Remember that as an observer or volunteer, you are bound by the same code of ethics as any other adult at Evanston Academy. You are not free to discuss any child's behavior or personal information with anyone else. Please do not ask staff members questions about children other than your own.
- If you would like to discuss your observation or a classroom issue with the teacher, please request a conference time or a phone call. The teacher will not be able to engage in a lengthy discussion during the school day.
- To minimize distractions during the school day, forgotten items (homework, lunch etc.) or needed supplies/notes must be delivered to the office.
- If your appointment has not been approved by the staff member you are here to see you will have to reschedule.
Thank you for supporting the teaching and learning process by following these procedures. We appreciate your understanding and diligence in helping us to maintain our excellent programs.